The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not official - Mini Dyno day
11th Feb, at Mini Workshop in Pomona, Kempton Park.

9.30 onwards

R150 per run
What a jol !!!!

Info and hopefully some results to follow
Probably the most fun you can have with a mini with your clothes on!!
Classic Mini Dyno Day – Mini Workshop.

Well, what a lekker turnout of Classic Minis at Tommy’s Mini Workshop in Pomona in Kempton park on the 11th of February.

I had my own demons to sort out with my Mini, but as it had NEVER been on the Dyno, I was really curious to see what my home built 1380 with over 50,000 kays on the clock, could actually do. Not even a snapped off bleed nipple on my front callipers, which put pay to me bleeding the brakes, would stop me going, lucky for me, my braking system is a modified 1275 split system, so I had rear brakes ONLY – and it’s a 45km trip from my place to Tommy’s !!!
Let’s just say, it was a slow drive and quite nerve racking.

Some very interesting Minis took to the rollers, some surprised owners too. Some getting less that what they had hoped for, some getting more, and some were very chuffed with their wee engines performance.

So what did we have, well as far as exotics go, we really only had two, one was Kyle brings Mk1 with its Bini Super charger fitted to an A series motor, and it didn’t disappoint on the rollers, with 110 horse power at the wheels, and 145nm of Torque – the scream of the super charger was just glorious.

The second exotic A series came from Dez Minis, Dez broughth an MG Metro Turbo engined Estate, Dez and Nathan had spent the last few days replacing the rings on the motor as it had started to smoke, unfortunately for Dez it turned out that it wasn’t the rings, it appears to be the seals on the rebuilt Garret T3 turbo. The car was leaving a smoke screen of note behind it, not a man to be deterred easily, Dez still stuck it on the Dyno, and a respectable figure of 78bhp and 127nm was recorded, I think there is definitely more to be had from this engine and I am sure with Dez knowledge and skill it will all be sorted very shortly.

Simon Howes (the MOCSA treasurer) also got his late model Mini Cooper strapped to the Dyno, this fuel injection model, does have a modified head as well as high lift rockers and the usual free flow exhaust etc. a very respectable number was recorded and Simon was more than chuffed with his 55.5bhp and 90.3 nm.

The MOCSA Chairman, Gary, put his Moke on the dyno, faulty alternator and all, and it did a respectable 45bhp and 82.2nm.

From my part, over the Xmas holidays I had fitted a set of Mini Spares 1.5 ratio rollers as well as getting new exhaust guides fitted to the cylinder head on the 1380, the only disappointing bit was discovering the ridge at the top of the bores, but no time or money to rebuild so the head was slapped back on. Imagine my surprise, when Tommy gets out of the car after the Dyno run and tells me, “That is one strong A series”. My home built 1380 with its lowly 264/268 camshaft had given the highest torque reading for a naturally aspirated A series for the day at 122nm. Power wasn’t too bad either at 66bhp.
[Image: DSC_4080_zpsaljhvntn.jpg]
[Image: DSC_4082_zpscqiunwnp.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20170211-WA0011_zpss6jnsodg.jpg]
[Image: DSC_4092_zpsxlvxeyjx.jpg]
[Image: DSC_4095_zpsjvwmq5k1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4087_zpsjqgir3xp.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20170211-WA0014_zpsohufnmvp.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4089_zpsqzokugh3.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4093_zpso0ety8az.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4085_zpsqjrflumn.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4091_zpsj7t0cf7y.jpg]
[Image: DSC_4083_zpsyynvu6by.jpg]