The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gizmo (79 GTS)
I like the pink highlight on the slam panel. Must add at least 10kW Smile

Would be cool to see this car all back together, I quite the drab gray colour. I flows nicely with the modern trends of either military like colours or silly bright ones.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
If I get 10kw from the slam panel how much will I get from the pinker than pink fuel tank?
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Remind me Ed, are you sticking with the current colour and just adding the GTS stripes?
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Yup, keeping it grey but with a black or darker grey roof, the current situation is that it's a toss up whether I only paint the roof with the stripes or if I take the darker shade from the scuttle level along the doors and up the pillars and over the top with the stripes.
1979 GTS
The current shade is Mirage(BLVC11) a colour used from 72-76, I might go for a darker shade on the respray, either Cumulus Grey(BLVC194) or Yukon Grey(GR7) but as of this moment I'm still very undecided as a complete change of shade would require a complete strip down, whereas a rust repair followed by a blow over wouldn't require as much work.

As many of you might already know a lot of my aim styling wise is to achieve a similar look to Marks old turbo clubby but with my own twist on it...
[Image: 309_1301951238.jpg]
[Image: DSCF9417-_edit_1386666274176.jpg]
Yukon Grey

The most obvious differences will be that I'm using Bullet arches, 13" Borbet 5 spoke rims, a later Leyland grill (correct for my model) and possibly smoked light lenses front and rear (still to be finalised).

Thus far, I've had a huge amount of assistance from long standing members in collecting all the necessary parts required to achieve my final aim in the styling of Gizmo.

A big thanks goes to all the following...
Sean; Bullet arches, Mountney steering, auxiliary radiator and a selection of odds and sods (brackets, switches and such)
CraigB; Steering drop bracket, custom GTS rad bracket and custom wiper motor bracket.
Rui; Dellorto carbs, window winders
Rich; Replacement GTS boot badge, metro thermostat housing and window winders (can't have to many)
Big Al; 13" Borbets, replacement GTS cluster
Sooper(Trin); top tinted windshield, some wicked bucket seats and sundries
Faraaz; sorting shipping of parts for me from all over the place.
Jason(The_Minidude); 13" GangRs and getting me to buy Gizmo in the first place
Doug; answering endless questions and putting back on the straight and narrow whenever I begin to waver from the plan.

I've more than likely left out some names, but as I go along I'll continue to update this list of thanks with the relevant names and items put towards the cause.
1979 GTS
(09-08-2015, 07:34 AM)Miniac Wrote: I can bring in complete rebuild kits from the UK for them which is quite cool but pricey, jets and all sundries are available individually as well so I can get an abundance of spares for them at the moment.  They're sized as 32/28 better know as Dellorto FZD 32.28 which were commonly used on Fiat 500s back in the day and thanks to the large 500 following in Europe they still manufacture all the necessary parts needed to maintain them.

Ahh! from a Fiat 500 then. Great that you can get spares and jets. Good luck with your build.
I say keep the current shade and only do the roof. I think if you had to from the waist up with the GTS stripes as well, it would look cluttered. My opinion of course Smile
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
(09-09-2015, 07:54 AM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: I say keep the current shade and only do the roof. I think if you had to from the waist up with the GTS stripes as well, it would look cluttered. My opinion of course Smile

I agree with Jared. I'm not really a fan of waist up change in colour as it makes the car look fat from the waist down. 

However if you do decide to go two tone from the scuttle I would avoid the stripes. Way too much happening at waist line for me, plus you've got the door handle thingys and head light guards all at the same level on car. 

Just a thought.
Pink fuel tank is at least another 15kW

Keep the gray and only do the roof - just my opinion
I'm only here to LOL and +1
The whole reason I gave a full description of the intended paint schemes is for the opinion of my fellow mini enthusiasts, so by all means there's no reason to apologise for your personal taste on the matter. All the input is highly appreciated.
1979 GTS