The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rebuild. 1964 mk1 Morris 850
Hi guys
New member. Have started to rebuild my dad's old mk1 850. My grandparents sailed to the UK, picked it up from the factory and took it for a months road trip around Scotland before shipping it and themselves back home. My dad and uncle spent a few years modifying it and racing it in the 70s. I grew up with the microscopic green gem. It spent the last 20 years under a tarp. It has now been mostly dissembled and the body sandblasted. It needs a few panels and seams (which arrived today! Courtesy miniparts.co.uk) and is soon off to get the body repaired and sprayed. Am fighting with the drums at the mo. Anyone know where to get slave cylinders in SA? Am in Randburg. Will post pics in the morning. 

Cheers
Rob
Welcome Rob.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Sounds like that car has some awesome family history behind it.
Welcome and good luck Rob.

For the slave cylinders you can try Emgee Workshop in Randburg 011 789 7127. They are called something different now but google Emgee Workshop and you will find their details.

You can also try The Sports Car Centre in Parkview 011 486 0021 - they import and stock a wide range of parts and can bring any parts you need in their monthly imports.

Dom also put together a very useful list of various mini suppliers on this forum under Recommended Suppiers/ Mini Parts and Accesories Suppliers.
Welcome Rob. Sounds like you've got a special Mini with a lot of history. I'm keen to see pictures of your car and it'll be nice to see the progress with the restoration. Good luck Smile
Keen to see how you get on with this one Smile
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
\Hi ! Glad to hear another mini being saved for the future. You can get slave brake cylinders from Midas for around R120 each. My local (Cape Town) clutch and brake had re-sleeved cylinders which were swapped out for my old ones at a very reasonable price. If MIdas cant help try Ferro Brake they seem to have just about everything
Will follow this one. My '64 will also get some attention in a few months time.
I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.