Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Tags on minis
Could someone assist by pointing out where all of the vehicle tags are stamped and located?

My project is turning out to be completely rusted with only a few panels to salvage so my idea is to transfer some panels to it from a donor. Obviously I don't want to mix and match panels with different tags. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a clubman type or a round nose type?

Both should have a set of tags on the slam panel. Where the bonnet latch hooks into the body itself.

There are a few other tags. But it just depends what car you have.
(08-07-2017, 11:30 AM)DomMINIque Wrote: Do you have a clubman type or a round nose type?

Both should have a set of tags on the slam panel. Where the bonnet latch hooks into the body itself.

There are a few other tags. But it just depends what car you have.

It is a round nose type. The front end needs to be replaced but it is relatively easy to transfer the two plates on the slam panel. Do you know of any other number locations?
On the rear parcel shelf there is normally another one that may be cut out due to speaker hole cut outs.

Don't think there are any others on a round nose.
(08-07-2017, 01:18 PM)DomMINIque Wrote: On the rear parcel shelf there is normally another one that may be cut out due to speaker hole cut outs.

Don't think there are any others on a round nose.

On the squared cross-member in between the two seats?
Not sure about that one on the round nose. But worth a look I suppose.
I'll have a look and let you know thanks Vinay and Dom. Please post if you happen to come across any more thank you.