Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10" wide steelie ?
Exclamation 
Hi Guys quick one .

Has anyone ever widened 10 inch steelies before ?

I want to give my mk3 a different look and love the whole deep dish steelie euro look but I'm just not sure  

on how wide I need to go because I'm not sure if I'm going to find a tyre that fits ..

please can someone help ?  Sad
Quite a common practice to band steel wheels, even the Mini 10" wheels. I would go for a 6J with some 165/70/10 tyres. PM me if you need some tyres too man Smile
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Hi Keegan,

These are the widened 10" steelies I currently have on my bakkie.
Unfortunately I got them like this with tyres so not sure where they were done or where the guy got the tyres from.

This was another set that I had which was not as wide and had yoko's 145/70/10 tyres on them.

[/quote]
Thanks Guys , ! I think it looks so mad with the deep dish Big Grin
(03-02-2017, 06:47 PM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: Quite a common practice to band steel wheels, even the Mini 10" wheels. I would go for a 6J with some 165/70/10 tyres. PM me if you need some tyres too man Smile

Hi I am keen on the above tyres? Regards Heinrich
(04-23-2017, 08:49 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 06:47 PM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: Quite a common practice to band steel wheels, even the Mini 10" wheels. I would go for a 6J with some 165/70/10 tyres. PM me if you need some tyres too man Smile

Hi I am keen on the above tyres? Regards Heinrich

PM me. I still have them.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Hi Keegan, did you manage to widen the 10 inch steelies? I am keen to go the retro style.