Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What size wheel arches
Hi all,

So since I fitted the new alloys, the wheels have been sticking out a bit much. I did the VW brake conversion on front and only spaced the wheels out by 12mm. Also took off the rear spacered drums and put on std drums with 12mm spacer. This is the absolute minimum you can space without hitting the caliper and also to keep the wheel nuts from binding on the longer wheel studs. I have the std plastic wheel arches fitted but the wheels still stick out by 30 odd mm. 

I would like to know what the width of the other wheel arches Group 7 etc, are when measured in the top middle. 

Maybe Sean can give an idea?
Our new AK47 arches should be arriving today Deon !! (14th of Sept.)

OR what about the Group two wide like i have fitted to Spencer ? I dont have in stock yet, BUT with enough interest we could get them made.

Scpencer is at home in Johannesburg now, you are welcome to pop over and look see. He is wearing the same boots as your Mini now.
(09-14-2015, 12:04 PM)Sean1380 Wrote: Our new AK47 arches should be arriving today Deon !! (14th of Sept.)

OR what about the Group two Extra wide like i have fitted to Spencer ? I dont have in stock yet, BUT with enough interest we could get them made.

Scpencer is at home in Johannesburg now, you are welcome to pop over and look see. He is wearing the same boots as your Mini now.

I saw Spencer when I dropped off the drums for Vinnay. So are those the group two extra wide? And you have spaced drums rear and I saw you had disk up front. It looked like they were overhanging the wheels a wee bit. 

Are they wider than your AK47 arches? I'm looking for something not quite as wide as yours, as I've spaced it to not run so wide.
Just for a point of reference Deon...

Clubby with bullets
[Image: My_Mini_4_by_miniturbonutter.jpg]
[Image: file_201_3_1.jpg]

From the rear...
[Image: file_203.jpg]
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Looks good!
That clubby is the very reason I went with the bullets for mine.
1979 GTS
(09-14-2015, 10:13 PM)Miniac Wrote: That clubby is the very reason I went with the bullets for mine.

Thanks Ed, now I need to build a Clubby.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Hehehe, you know that you really want one.
1979 GTS
A Clubby fronted Mk3? Wink
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Still love that one.
1979 GTS