The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Widened 12" gts Rims
Howzit guy. was just wondering if I would be able to get lower profile tyres if I had to widen 
a set of 12" gts rims.
The reason I want this is to have the comfort of the 10" ride with the stance of the 13" rims.
was hoping to get some bubble tyres but I know those are impossible to find.
You can 165/60/12 tyres for those wheels. Wider and slightly lower profile than the 145/70/12.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
You can even get Dunlop R7s in a 165/55x12 !!!
(03-19-2016, 11:04 AM)Sean1380 Wrote: You can even get Dunlop R7s in a 165/55x12 !!!

I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
IIRC Ed has them on his GTS, Gismo.
Thanks guys will scout around and hopefully get a set of rims soon.
these rims are so hard to find.
(03-22-2016, 08:45 AM)Sean1380 Wrote: IIRC Ed has them on his GTS, Gismo.

You're spot on there Sean, I've got them on my GTS at present and I'm thinking of widening my 12" steels out to 6.5J[Image: DSC_0820.jpg]
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Hi Guys

Two years ago when I tried to get a set of GTS 12 inch rims it took me 4 months and a lot of searching to get a proper set together.
I ran 12 x 5 inch mags on 165/60/12 tyres and that works fine, on the steel rims that are 4.5 inches wide I ran the 145/70R12 tyres.
Good luck finding a usable set.
Own some minis, break them, fix them, improve them, test them to the limit....
Thanks guys, will still keep and eye out.
Hows you guys view on golf cart wheels. I have seen that there are some nice 10" and 12" rims for golf carts around and they are the 
same 101.6 pcd as the mini. Ive googled and see that the cart tyres are not really road usable however they say we can use the standard 165/60/10 tyres on them which would give it alittle of a stretch. has anyone tried these.

How awesome would these wheels look on a mini.All 10" rims.

These I got quoted with tyres at R 6 200 excl VAT from a place in jetpark.

My opinion - stay away from golf cart wheels. They're not rated for the road. They may have a weight rating, but I highly doubt that they can withstand sideloads like those experienced on a car.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
[-] The following 2 users Like Jared Mk3's post:
  • Sean1380, Vinay-RS