Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Supplier
Northern Hardware and Glass

http://nhg.co.za/index.php/service/windscreens-2/

After doing a bit of homework regarding window renovation, window polishing and window replacement, I tried the DIY option.  Polishing old windows does not take time and effort, but a miracle.  Various techniques slightly improved the appearance of the scratches but did not remove the scratches.  Replacing the windows with slightly less scratched second hand windows was my second option.  This option was not inexpensive either.  After a very educational morning at Dez's Minis, I took Dez's advise and resorted to finding a supplier that could help me with new SABS approved toughened automotive safety glass. To my surprise the cost of replacing all of my side and back windows on my Clubman Estate (8 windows), was less expensive than having them professionally polished without any guarantee that the scratches would be removed and even slightly less expensive than replacing them with second hand windows. 

The friendly personnel at Northern Hardware and Glass, Koedoespoort, Pretoria had me sorted in less than a week.  I highly recommend their services. 

Gregory

(I have no affiliation to this company or any of its employees)

Gregory
It is what you think you know already that prevents you from learning.
I am here to learn. Teach me.
Thanks for the heads up. We need this in our supplier list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes minitim's post:
  • gweir
Can anyone recommend a windscreen supplier?
Gregory
It is what you think you know already that prevents you from learning.
I am here to learn. Teach me.
Trinesh? Can you help here?
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
I can help you with a windscreen up here in jhb gweir, new.
(09-03-2016, 07:12 AM)DomMINIque Wrote: I can help you with a windscreen up here in jhb gweir, new.

Hi Dom, will you still be able to assist with a windscreen? or at least know where i can get one new? front and rear